Translate

Saturday, March 23, 2013

THE MAYOR'S SPEECH

One of the most nerve-racking moments for me during the visit of our foreign partners was my translation of the mayor's speech. Politicians have a tendency to wander off the track. In addition, the presence of TV cameras can be quite intimidating. Fortunately, everything turned out to be OK. The only thing I regret is not being able to hear my words on the video below. I guess the journalists believed there was not a significant number of English-speaking spectators outside the limits of the town hall. Too bad. Let's hope this situation will change in the future.


Can you see yourself on this news report? How do you think you look? What is your impression?

2 comments:

  1. You were a great simultaneous translator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's very kind of you. To be honest, if it weren't for the draft you gave me, I don't think I could handle it so easily. I owe you one.

    ReplyDelete